Satellite validation international workshop
Tuesday 20 June 2017
- Wednesday 21 June 2017
Validating Copernicus Sentinel data using Fiducial Reference Measurements.
The workshop will serve as a forum for discussing the performance of Sentinel -1, -2 and -3 at retrieving ocean colour, sea surface temperature in the open ocean and coastal environments. It will identify potential strategies for the validation of Sentinel missions in the future.
The workshop will address four main themes:
- Fiducial Reference Measurement methods and protocols
- Ocean Colour validation
- Sea Surface Temperature validation
- Validation of upper ocean dynamics
Presentations from participants are welcome.
Papers from the workshop will be published in a remote sensing journal special issue (submitted by September 2017).
Abstract submission closes: 28th February 2017
There are a number of speakers already confirmed for the event:
- Prof Peter Minnett (Keynote) - Infra-Red Radiometry and Sea Surface Temperature
- Prof Emmanuel Boss - IOP instrumentation, protocols and methods
- Bertrand Chapron - C-Band radar
- David Doxaran - Validation of satellite ocean products in Coastal waters
- Constant Mazeran - Atmospheric correction
- Anne O'Carroll - SLSTR validation
- Dr Shubha Sathyendranath - Ocean colour validation in the open ocean
- Dr Kenneth Voss - Instrumentation and Emerging technologies
- Dr Menghua Wang - Validation of satellite products in open ocean waters
Event location: Jurys Inn, Plymouth, UK
Add event to:
Share this event with others