Dr Shubha Sathyendranath is a scientist in the Remote Sensing Group at Plymouth Marine Laboratory.
Dr Sathyendranath's research interests include ocean colour modelling, spectral characteristics of light penetration underwater, bio-optical properties of phytoplankton, modelling primary production, bio-geochemical cycles in the sea, climate change, biological-physical interactions in the marine system, ecological provinces in the sea, ecological indicators and phytoplantkon functional types.
- Primary Production Parameters from Space (ESA Project)
- PAR for Primary Production (ESA Project)
- Tang, W; Llort, J; Weis, J; Perron, MMG; Basart, S; Li, Z; Sathyendranath, S; Jackson, T; Sanz Rodriguez, E; Proemse, BC; Bowie, AR; Schallenberg, C; Strutton, PG; Matear, R; Cassar, N; 2021. Widespread phytoplankton blooms triggered by 2019–2020 Australian wildfires. Nature.
- George, G; Menon, NN; Abdulaziz, A; Brewin, RJW; Pranav, P; Gopalakrishnan, A; Mini, KG; Kuriakose, S; Sathyendranath, S; Platt, T; 2021. Citizen Scientists Contribute to Real-Time Monitoring of Lake Water Quality Using 3D Printed Mini Secchi Disks. Frontiers in Water.
- Menon, N; George, G; Ranith, R; Sajin, V; Murali, S; Abdulaziz, A; Brewin, RJW; Sathyendranath, S; 2021. Citizen Science Tools Reveal Changes in Estuarine Water Quality Following Demolition of Buildings. Remote Sensing.
- Kulk, G; George, G; Abdulaziz, A; Menon, Nandini; Theenathayalan, V; Jayaram, C; Brewin, RJW; Sathyendranath, S; 2021. Effect of Reduced Anthropogenic Activities on Water Quality in Lake Vembanad, India. Remote Sensing.
- Brewin, RJW; Sathyendranath, S; Platt, T; Bouman, H; Ciavatta, S; Dall'Olmo, G; Dingle, J; Groom, SB; Jonsson, B; Kostadinov, TS; Kulk, G; Laine, M; Martinez-Vicente, V; Psarra, S; Raitsos, DE; Richardson, K; Rio, MH; Rousseaux, CS; Salisbury, J; Shutler, JD; Walker, P; 2021. Sensing the ocean biological carbon pump from space: A review of capabilities, concepts, research gaps and future developments. Earth-Science Reviews.