"I have always loved nature and so working in a field where I can actively help to manage our ecosystems sustainably and to also aid people to get benefits from the sea and nature in general gets me going in the morning. "
Stefanie has a PhD in marine ecology and over 7 years experience working on marine ecosystem services. She has applied her knowledge to research questions around sustainable management of marine resources and in particular around assessing trade-offs around different ecosystem services. She is also developing better understanding of ecosystem services by finding ways of measuring and monitoring biodiversity, habitats and the services they provide by evaluating indicators.
She has worked in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Southeast Asia and Mexico.
- Hattam C; Broszeit S; Langmead O; Praptiwi RA; Lim VC; Creencia LA et al. 2021. A matrix approach to tropical marine ecosystem service assessments in South east Asia. Ecosystem Services.
- Broszeit S; Beaumont NJ; Hooper TL; Somerfield PJ; Austen MC. 2019. Developing conceptual models that link multiple ecosystem services to ecological research to aid management and policy, the UK marine example. Marine Pollution Bulletin.
- Broszeit S; Beaumont NJ; Uyarra MC; Heiskanen A-S; Frost M; Somerfield PJ; Rossberg AG; Teixeira H; Austen MC. 2017. What can indicators of good environmental status tell us about ecosystem services?: Reducing efforts and increasing cost-effectiveness by reapplying biodiversity indicator data. Ecological Indicators.
- Pettorelli N; Schulte to Bühne H; Tulloch A; Dubois G; Macinnis-Ng C; Queirós A;...Broszeit S; et al. 2017. Satellite remote sensing of ecosystem functions: opportunities, challenges and way forward. Remote Sensing in Ecology and Conservation
- Cavanagh RD; Broszeit S; Pilling GM; Grant SM; Murphy EJ; Austen MC. 2016. Valuing biodiversity and ecosystem services: a useful way to manage and conserve marine resources?
- Hattam C; Broszeit S; Haines R. 2017. Study on the Economic Benefits of Marine Protected Areas Task 4 Stakeholder Consultation - Final Report. Brussels, Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME)
- Broszeit, S; Hattam, C; Langmead, O; Praptiwi, RA; Creencia, LA; Then, AY; Lim, VC; Hau, TD; Edwards-Jones, A; Austen, MC; 2022. Ecosystem service provision by marine habitats in Southeast Asia. .
- Rendon, O; Edwards-Jones, A; Kieu, TK; Marcone, O; Broszeit, S; Beaumont, NJ; 2022. Characterisation of the inshore marine sectors of Da Nang, Vietnam. .
- Hattam, C; Broszeit, S; Langmead, O; Praptiwi, RA; Ching Lim, V; Creencia, LA; Duc Hau, T; Maharja, C; Wulandari, P; Mitra Setia, T; Sugardjito, J; Javier, J; Jose, E; Janine Gajardo, L; Yee-Hui Then, A; Yang Amri, Affendi; Johari, S; Vivian Justine, E; Ali Syed Hussein, M; Ching Goh, H; Phuc Hung, N; Van Quyen, N; Ngoc Thao, L; Hoang Tri, N; Edwards-Jones, A; Clewley, D; Austen, MC; 2021. A matrix approach to tropical marine ecosystem service assessments in South east Asia. Ecosystem Services.
- Broszeit, S; Beaumont, NJ; Hooper, TL; Somerfield, PJ; Austen, MC; 2019. Developing conceptual models that link multiple ecosystem services to ecological research to aid management and policy, the UK marine example. Marine Pollution Bulletin.
- Pettorelli, N; Schulte to Bühne, H; Tulloch, A; Dubois, G; Macinnis-Ng, C; Queiros, AM; Keith, DA; Wegmann, M; Schrodt, F; Stellmes, M; Sonnenschein, R; Geller, GN; Roy, S; Somers, B; Murray, N; Bland, L; Geijzendorffer, I; Kerr, JT; Broszeit, S; Leitão, PJ; Duncan, C; El Serafy, G; He, KS; Blanchard, JL; Lucas, R; Mairota, P; Webb, TJ; Nicholson, E; Rowcliffe, M; Disney, M; 2017. Satellite remote sensing of ecosystem functions: opportunities, challenges and way forward. Remote Sensing in Ecology and Conservation.